God is greatly using Samaritan’s Purse to bring relief to Haiti’s impoverished quake victims. The relief provided by Samaritan’s Purse includes the following:
- over 500 completed
- strategy to build 1,200 each month
- 7,500 is the goal – should be completed by the end of October
- Haiti’s president said the shelters have been the best thing to happen since the earthquake
- Baptist Haiti Mission (medical outreach of Samaritan’s Purse) has had over 9,600 patient contacts
- Their clinic in Cite Soleil has treated over 2,600 patients
- Nearly 30 pallets of medical supplies have been sent
- Installed 20 water filtration systems, each of which can provide enough water for 3,000 people daily
- 149 shower stalls installed
- 211 hand washing stations constructed
- 681 latrines constructed
- Rubble Removal
- Over 34,000 metric tons of rubble removed in Grand Goave and Leogane
- 1,292 local Haitians employed by cash for work trash/debris removal (40% women)
- Non-Food Items
- 12,672 Jerry Cans
- 29,940 Blankets
- 2,200 Flashlights
- 2,000 Mosquito Nets
- 1,000 Kitchen Kits
- Supplies: Samaritan’s Purse has flown supplies into the country on 21 flights, including six planes chartered by Samaritan’s Purse. They have also sent two cargo ships loaded with emergency relief and rebuilding items.
- Staffing: Samaritan’s Purse has sent 185 staff members and non-medical volunteers to Haiti. They have also sent 90 medical staff members and volunteers, and 22 chaplains from the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association’s Rapid Response Team have worked with their team on the ground. Over 1,200 national staff have also been employed.
Last week, the Creation Museum celebrated its ONE MILLIONTH visitor … and in less than three years. God continues to bless the ministry of Answers in Genesis.
Trans World Radio has announced a radio ministry to equip youth pastors in China, where there are over 500 million people under the age of 18.
Door 43 (Distant Shores Media) is providing technical support for the delivery of stories of the Bible in the Lusoga language (Uganda) over the Internet and to mobile phones anywhere in the world that a Lusoga speaker happens to be. Slowly but consistently, Door 43 is working toward creating an international resource pool of open source discipleship and Biblical resources.