My top-10 list of lessons I learned from coaching swim team this season.
10. You don’t know it all. The minute you think you have it all figured out, something is going to make you look really dumb.
9. The best technique cannot replace poor fitness.
8. The best fitness cannot replace poor technique.
7. 79-degree water feels much colder!
6. There are no rest areas between Cary and High Point.
5. The most encouraging away meets are at schools with the same mascot. Everyone cheers for you!
4. Make sure you have enough room for everyone at practice.
4. Learn to count!
3. Don’t be afraid to push for the next level. You will be amazed at what you can accomplish!
2. Don’t forget why you are there.
1. Remember: you are not alone!